How To Make Homemade Carpet Cleaner Solution
With this easy Homemade Carpet Cleaner Solution, you can clean your carpets for a fraction of the cost of the bottles in the store. Simply by combining a few cleaning products you likely already have; you’ll be able to make a homemade carpet cleaner concentrate that you can use in your carpet cleaning machine. Add the optional essential oil and it will give an even more fresh fragrance to the carpets & your house!
Most of these ingredients (including the bucket to mix this in) can be purchased from the Dollar Tree.
- 2 Tbl Liquid Laundry Detergent
- 1 Scoop (3 Tbl) Oxiclean Powder
- 1 tsp Fabric Softener
- 1/4 Cup LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner
- 1 Gallon Hot Water
- [Optional: Nature's Oil Clean Cotton Essential Oil - I like to add this on the day I am cleaning, right in the machine reservoir or bottle. Add as little or as much as you like for added fragrance]
- In a small bowl, add Liquid Detergent, Oxiclean Powder, Fabric Softener and LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner. Stir together well until combined.
- Add Mixture to 1 Gallon of Hot Water, (I use a large bucket like in the picture) stirring gently so you don't make bubbles. Stir slowly and gently until Oxiclean particles are dissolved.
- This makes the Concentrate for carpet and floor cleaning machines.
[General ratio for Single Reservoir Machines: 1/4 cup Solution to 1 gallon of water]
- Hard Floor/Rug Cleaners = Add Solution to concentrate line and fill with water
- Spot Cleaners = Cleaner Machine's Cap full of Solution and fill with water
- Separate Concentrate and Water Reservoir Machines = Fill concentrate tank with Solution and fill water tank with water as usual
- Pre-Treat or Spot Cleaning Spray = 50:50 mix Solution with water in Spray Bottle
As with all cleaners, check in a small area to make sure this is safe for your carpet/rug/material. We have used this solution without any issues on our rugs and carpets for years now.
Check out the How to Make Carpet Cleaner Solution Video on my YouTube Channel:
When you do a little Spring (or Anytime) Cleaning, you can try out this Money Saving Tip by Making your own Homemade Carpet Cleaner Solution. I’ve Shampooed the Carpets & used my DIY Homemade Carpet Cleaning Concentrate Solution. Everything smells so Fresh & Clean – What a difference it makes! This Carpet Cleaner Solution works great & will save you money in the process!
This Homemade Carpet Cleaner Concentrate Solution can be used on Carpets, Rugs, Upholstery (Home or Car) as well as for a Pre-Treatment or Spot Cleaning Spray!
Optional Essential Oil Used in this Carpet Cleaner Solution
Nature’s Oil Clean Cotton Essential Oil:
- Give it a try (10 mL Bottle) – https://amzn.to/38rMn9J
- Really Love it (60 mL or 2 oz Bottle) – https://amzn.to/3kpOCNn
Cleaning Machines to Use This Concentrate Solution In
Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Plus Carpet Cleaner – https://amzn.to/42IXC5S
Hoover Powerscrub XL Pet Carpet Cleaner – https://amzn.to/3Uw21aa
Hoover SmartWash Pet Automatic Carpet Cleaner with Spot Chaser Stain Remover Wand –
Hoover Hoover CleanSlate Plus Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner – https://amzn.to/3ylJrVK
Bissell CrossWave Cordless Hard Floor & Rug Cleaner – https://amzn.to/3xYweDh
What are some of your favorite homemade cleaning solutions?
Leave some of your favorite homemade cleaning solutions in the comments section below.
Check Out More On Homemade Items, Money Saving Tips,
Recipes, Gardening & Other Topics On My
If you’re new to the channel or haven’t done so yet, please click the Subscribe button for my YouTube Channel. It is a great way to stay up to date & be notified about new videos as they are released!! Also, please click the Thumbs Up button if you enjoyed the video – it really helps my channel!
Check out my Etsy Shop where I have Handy Items for the
Home, Garden, Organization, Kitchen & Canning!
Check Out What Else Is Happening on The Homestead
- Rosemary Infused Salt | Easy Homemade Salt Blend to Enjoy or Share as a Gift!
- Apple Spice Liqueur | Simply Delicious Homemade Drink to Enjoy or Share!
- Holiday Spice Simple Syrup Recipe | Great in Mocktails, Cocktails & Beverages All Year Long!
- Holiday Punch with Cranberry Citrus Ice Recipe | A Great Non-Alcoholic Beverage for the Holidays & Gatherings
- How to Re-Cover Dining Chairs | DIY Reupholstery Project